If you're a coffee roaster or own a coffee shop or cafe, we highly encourage you to do a trip to origin and visit us here in Guatemala. We are always keen to connect with people who support our mission, which recognizes the need for a livable wage for farmers, and by developing direct relationships, our partner farmers are able to invest in both their families and their coffee.
Come see why we believe in our direct trade model and how it helps break the cycle of poverty.
While in Guatemala:
- Meet with DLG staff and get to know the organization.
- Visit cooperatives and farmers in San Miguel Escobar, Santa Anita, San Marcos or as far away as Huehuetenango.
- Share meals with staff and farmers.
- Learn from the farmers about coffee agriculture and processing
- Cup coffee as well as inspect green coffee from the most recent harvest.
- And, if you have enough time, volunteer with De la Gente to help out some of the communities or individual farmers.
If you'd like to pay us a visit, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 617-963-0962 (US) or at +502-7834-0142 (in Guatemala).