The porcelain immersion Bonavita method provides a rich, clean cup of coffee. This method doesn’t require a lot of work, and still yields a great cup of coffee.
WHAT YOU NEED:
Heat the water to 200℉
- Measure your coffee. For the Bonavita, you need 30g of coffee for 500g of water.
3. Grind your coffee. This brew method requires a medium-fine grind, similar to kosher salt.
4. Place the filter in the Bonavita, then rinse it with the preheated water. Discard the rinse water.
5. Make sure the Bonavita is in the “closed” position. Add the coffee to the filter, then pour enough water to cover the grounds (approximately 100g). Let it bloom for 30 seconds.
6. After the bloom, pour the remaining 400g of water over the grounds, taking special care to ensure all of the coffee is wet for even extraction.
7. Stir the coffee and cover it (optional) and let it sit for 3 minutes.
8. At 3 minutes, push the switch over to the “open” position and let the coffee drain. Discard the filter.