The Aeropress is a really useful brewing method due to its size - it’s one of the most portable methods. Use it at home, camping, or roadtripping and get a thick and complex cup no matter where you are.
WHAT YOU NEED:
Heat water to 200℉
Preheat the filter and brew chamber. Use your water to rinse the filter to get rid of the papery taste, and to warm up the brew chamber.
3. Measure your coffee. If you’re using the the Aeropress scoop, one scoop level with the top should give you about 15g of coffee.
4. Grind your coffee. You’ll want a medium-fine grind size, roughly resembling table salt.
5. Put the brew chamber into the filter basket and add the coffee. Put the Aeropress onto your coffee mug.
6. Start timer. Pour 50g of water over the grounds and let it bloom for 30 seconds.
7. Pour the rest of the water (220g or up to the 4 mark) into the brew chamber. Stir the grounds and place the plunger on top, pulling up to put pressure in the chamber.
8. After about 1 minute 30 seconds, slowly press the plunger down into the coffee.
9. When you hear the hiss, the brew is complete.
10. Eject the coffee puck from the basket and rinse out the Aeropress.