Visit origin with us!
Are you a roaster or a coffee shop or cafe owner? We highly encourage you take a trip to origin and visit us here in Guatemala. We are always keen to connect with people who share our passion for coffee and to forge direct relationships between you and small-holder coffee producers. Come meet our partner farmers, visit fields of coffee plants, pick some cherries yourself and learn first hand about all aspects of processing!
While in Guatemala:
- Visit cooperatives in San Miguel Escobar, Santa Anita, San Marcos or Huehuetenango to learn about coffee agriculture and processing.
- Meet with DLG staff, get to know the organization and our sales model.
- Share meals with staff and farmers.
- Cup coffee as well as inspect green coffee from the most recent harvest.
- And, if you have enough time, volunteer with De la Gente to help out some of the communities or individual farmers.
Check out our Sample Origin Trip Itinerary. The program will be tailored according to your interests and we keep cost accessible - ask for a quote!
For further details, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 617-963-0962 (US) or at +502-7834-0142 (in Guatemala).