DLG DECLARATION OF ValUES
At De la Gente, we are dedicated to living our values throughout our work. We believe that how we do things is just as important as what we do. DLG values:
1) Transparency – The coffee world can be opaque, making it hard to know who benefits and who doesn’t. By being transparent with farmers, team members, customers, and participants, we shed light on the industry and keep ourselves honest.
2) Respect and Openness – It takes collaboration between many people with different sets of skills, cultures, and languages to build a better and more inclusive world. We show respect for different world-views and experiences, remembering that we can all learn from each other.
3) Innovation – Just because “it’s always been done that way” doesn’t mean that’s how it should be. We question the way things are and dream big about how we can do things differently and better.
4) Empowerment – We are mindful to avoid as much as possible replicating historical power imbalances. By ensuring that our partners have meaningful participation in our work and have their voices heard, we create more equitable relationships.
5) Sustainability – Ensuring the long-term success of our work means minimizing our environmental impact and making sure that our work is based on sound principles of economic feasibility and replicability.
6) Accountability and Integrity – We hold ourselves to high standards and continuously evaluate our results against our mission. We celebrate our successes and learn from where we fall short.